- TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY at the Durham Heritage Museum. (November 25, 4-8 PM) I LOVE this event because there’s cookie decorating, pictures with Santa, holiday crafts for kids, and a HUGE, beautiful Christmas tree. Plus, when they light the Christmas tree, confetti falls out of the ceiling. You could say it’s lit. (Click here for more information.)
- THANKSGIVING LIGHTING CEREMONY. (November 24, 6-7 PM) Join all the other people who are happy about this season of thanksgiving and Christmas at the Gene Leahy Mall to countdown to zero to see downtown Omaha get lit. It’s a magical experience, if I do say so myself. The countdown begins at 6 PM. And there’s a free concert at the Holland Performing Arts Center across the street at 7. (Click here for more information.)
- LAURITZEN GARDENS. November 25-January 4, Lauritzen Gardens is displaying thousands of beautiful Poinsettias. They also are having a Holiday Poinsettia Show Aglow event where they light it all up with twinkly Christmas lights. (Click here for more information.)
- VISIT SANTA’S REIGNDEER. November 22-December 20, Mulhall’s is hosting Santa’s reigndeer, so be sure to check that out. It’s free, plus reigndeer are bound to put you in a good mood.
- ICE SKATING. Every year, ConAgra puts up an outdoor ice skating rink and it is AWESOME. It can’t get much better than $5 a person in beautiful down town Omaha. The rink opens December 9 and stays open until January 2. (Click here for more information.)
- OLLIE THE TROLLEY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TOUR. If you’re an adult and you’re looking for something fun to do for a date, this might be it! I think one tour is December 15, 6:30-9:30. There are lots of others though so check that out too.
- WELLS FARGO FAMILY FESTIVAL. THIS IS MY FAVORITE. IT’S FREE. IT’S FUN. IT’S FAMILY TIME. This event is literally sooo much fun. This year it’s December 4, noon-5. You don’t want to miss this. Click here to see all the fun you don’t want to miss out on.
- GINGERBREAD HOUSES. November 19-December 31, at the Mormon Trail Center, there’s a HUGE and DELICIOUS display of gingerbread houses. My family went the other night, and it really inspired me to want to make one of my own. And then eat it cause CANDY. So here’s more info on that.
- PICTURES WITH SANTA. I know that Bass Pro is giving out free pictures with Santa which is AWESOME. And just about every mall has a Santa there to take pictures with. Even though he’s not real, it’s still fun to get pictures with him. This year, my brother and I are gonna see who can get the most selfies with any Santa. The rule is that he has to be at least 3 feet tall. So he could be a real person or a statue or a stuffed animal. YEAH. It’s gonna be fun.
WHAT FUN THINGS ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO WITH YOUR FAMILY?